Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Me & Singing...!!!

It goes way back...!!!
I still remember those time where my sister and I were fighting over "who's can sing better..." :-) we would sing our favorite songs and decided among ourselves whether we are good enough to be a singer or not? but my lil sis always says that she is (but apparently she's not...) haha :-p
Michael Buble is my favorite english singer of all time
My late-father on the other hand were very inspirational...i mean...that old man can sing..!!! haha
I guess i pick up where he left it...and kept it to myself...he would sing songs from his "golden times" like Elvis Preisley's...Jonny Cash's...and Frank Sinatra's...and we were all like so impressed with his voice.... (but now it seems like his old cracked voice does serve him well when he sings those songs...) haha :-p
My mom is not much of a singer...but she does listens to my dad's every time he does it...either at the kicthen's...the living room's...or in bed...haha It was like and old records that never stops playing all over again and again :-) sometimes we even have to ask him to "stop singing..!!!!"
But now since his gone...i kinda miss his voice :-( i really do....!!!

My First Open Session...!!!
During my high-school's day, i always have this urge to sing in front of a large crowd...!!! gracefully showing off my vocal is what i was hoping for but i never could actually get the chance...!!! I mean, i have the will to do it, but it seems that every time i see a large crowds, i would get terrified and nervous for no reasons (even though when other people are performing...) haha :-)
Always admire Anuar Zain for his superb vocal control
So, when the time comes (my school suddenly hold this open session for all students) i just grab it without any holding back...i was like "this is it...!!! maybe this is my time to shine...) then i registered as a participant and wait for the day to arrive...but in the mean time, i was like trying so hard to fight this "butterflies" in my stomach...i do a lot of secret training in the shower (and my dorm-mate was like "he's crazy...") haha
When the day arrives, i'm so confident that i can woe the crowd with my so-called "beautiful" voice...i choose my all time favorite tracks which is the Westlife's greatest hits....and confidently stand on the stage...i can clearly see my teachers sitting down...and some clapping from those who knows me...not to mention those "hater" which never knew that i could "sing" :-p
So, when the tracks starts to play, i was like "this is it wan...this is what you always wanted..." and starts to sing...at the first two verse i think i did great...all the melody rhymes well...but when the chorus starts to kick in..my voice were like off the rails...and when i starts to put a high pitch tone, i can see the judges were like "covering their ears...and do this "i can't stand his voice-face expression"...haha and guess what...i lost :-(
Going back empty handed doesn't seems to bother me much..but having the idea that "I suck..." is the hardest part...

I Didn't Stop...I Never Stop...!!!
This new singer (Afgan) will be the next big thing
Up until now, those "first" always teaches me on how far that I've come and how long does the journey takes me...I can finally understand what people's see in "singing" and how the vocalic piece can actually impacted one soul...because it does impacted mine...and i'm pretty sure that the other also been effected for the same cause...
After that session ended...i did try to enter a couple of open mic session but it seems that fate doesn't wanted me to be in those event much...I did however try to apply for participation in this one national singing competition, but my dad didn't allow it...(i did sulk for a week because of what he did) but i guess in the end, i can't run away from it because now...i'm doing it...and i'm doing it in front of a quite a huge crowd like i always wanted...for me..its good enough to be thankful for...its worth every seconds of the waiting's...and it most definitely good enough for all those countless time standing in front of the television and admiring those singer that i admire...!!!
I am happy with this...I truly do...!!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment