Popular Posts

Saturday, May 9, 2015

My Mom’s Chronicle: My Past Used To Be Simple…!!!

The Childhood…!!!
Days used to be simple…yes! We have less money back then, but the value were more compare to nowadays…we can buy a kilogram of fish with just five cents…and a complete meal with a cost of additional five more…my parents own a paddy field (everyone does)…and getting a bowl of rice is just a piece of cake…we got tons of rice for the whole village to feed...I still remember back in the days where the dry season is on, and the paddy field has ended (because the paddy only sprout once a year back then), we would build a small ranch nearby the paddy field and eat there….all of my siblings and nieces will bring their mom’s specialty and eat together there…sometimes my dad (my grandfather) would bring a cane and chase us all because we stay there too long and shout “have you forget the way back to your house…?” Hahaha
Every morning, we would get up as early as five in the morning and gathered at the well nearby…the water is cold as ice and it is pure and clean (which you can drink directly from the well itself)…If the drought season is around, the well would dried up, and everyone would go to the river-side and take a bath, clean our clothes, and play around…we were never scare during that time because almost all the river-side is packed with the villagers…and they are doing the same thing…
Your granddad is a policeman…and he is a well-respected person in the village (because people see policeman differently back in the days compare to nowadays)…and he got a handsome salary compare to other villagers (I think around RM 40 or so a month)…even though the value is not that much now, but back then, that figure can feed the whole family, plus he can still save half of them each month…
How I wish those time to never end…!!!

I’m A Little Bit Badass Myself…!!!
I must admit, I’m a little bit boyish back then…climbing trees…swimming in the river…collecting fruit in the jungle…were my pricks and parcel back then…even my brothers are not as active as me…I remember this one time when I was little, and I saw all my siblings and nieces were heavenly swimming at the river-side…for some reason I take my dad’s clothes and wear them (as If I were him)…and then I walk towards those pricks…suddenly one of them shout “Pak Hamid Dah mai Oiiii…Lariiii…!!!) hahaha All of them run like crazy and when they realize that I were the one whom act like my dad, they would chase me back (but no one dares to hit me…)hahaha
Going to school is more fun back then…even though the school is quite far, but we were happily walk there by ourselves…sometimes you granddad would sent us using his bicycle (this is considered as rich during those times)…and everyone would awe us…your aunt zaitun would sit at the front, your aunt zahara would sit at the back, and me would sit at the middle…we were like those circus clown on a bicycle…

Things That I’ve Learned…!!!
From this conversation with my mom, I’ve learned a lot about my family history…plus my dad’s…since both of my parent comes from a same clan (Both of my parents are from the “Wan” clan), means that their storyline is not that far off…I just realize that Wan Mat Saman is my ancestor…I mean, I only know him from the history book for digging a river across Kedah to enable everyone to stock their water drainage for agriculture purposes…I just know that Wan Sulaiman is my great grandfather (from my dad’s bloodline)…she told me that he is the first Kedah’s Mufti…and has serve the palace for quite some time…I just know that my great grandfather Wan An’ (from my Mom’s side) is a village chief during the Japanese raid in Malaya before the independence day…and my mom said that he is big…and his size is just like those Englishman that first came to our country…(big and tall)…haha
Hearing these story makes me feel glad that I’m a part of them…listening to my mom’s story make me realize how proud she is being one of the members too…those people has done a lot of good deeds and were praise by many during their time…so it occurs to me that I need to do something of my own to balance the trade J
Just Imagine that one fine day you are a nobody, but suddenly the next day people tell you this big and amazing tale of your bloodline which make you felt that “I need to be somebody too…” Haha I know that for some people this statement could be considered as a brag…(but that is what I was aiming too exactly)… but I don’t care…I want to brag…because at least once in my life, I have a chance too…


~My Family Are Awesome~






No comments:

Post a Comment