Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

My Mom’s Chronicle: The Imperfect Perfection…!!!

The Build Up…!!!
I was back at my home town and were looking forward for a dine with my mom…she’s been waiting for me for quite some time now…I arrive quite early considering the traffic condition during this festive season…once arrive, my mom is not around (because she was out buying some groceries) and it left me with my aunt and my sister…we talk…have a laugh…then a few hours later my mom arrive home with groceries bag…I hug her…kiss her…and hug her again as if we were years apart…it was a bit emotional for me because I haven’t have the chance to hug her for quite a while…
We talk for hours at the dinner table…telling how much stuff has happen during this separation period and laugh about my mom’s teeth (she just pull off her front-end teeth which make her look older then she should have)…hahaha :-p From her eyes I can see that she’s really looking forward to see me…and for me, the things that I dream about is coming to live now…the conversation seems endless for some reasons…I think either both of us did not want the conversation to end since we know that it’s hardly to get a chance like this that often…

The Untold Love Stories…!!!
It started with my sister’s crush stories which lead to my mom’s love story with my dad…I don’t know how it started (because we are so occupied with my sister’s crush) but since the truth has come out, then we might as well just listen to what my moms’ wanted to say…
“He is not perfect….no one told me about his attitude…his bad habits…his gambling problem…no one did…but I accepted him because it was fated…” That is her first statement…and she further explain that during her younger days, life is just a wonderful feeling…she take care of her mom…her siblings…her nieces…even though the standard of living is not that permissive, but she’s glad that with all her limitations, she still be able to provide such a contribution towards her family…
“Being single is just heaven…I feel free up until the age of 27…I travel here and there…seeing the world…working…but everything must have some stopping point where I need to start to think about my future…as a wife….” Taking care of her nieces is not enough anymore, when she started to crave for her own children…and with some luck from my aunt’s, she has been married to my dad (through an arrange-marriage)…At first, she is reluctant to accept the offer since my dad is not as attractive as “Shah Rukh Khan” with his belly stuck out…and his skin is a bit dark…haha But considering her age and her lack in social life, she accepted the offer and embrace herself with any obstacle that comes into her life after the marriage…and it did happen…
She pointed out that her life is not as what she expected them to be, the countless debt is just a scary things to experience (which I did somehow experience this during my childhood days…It was awful)…but she keeps on setting her mind positive and always hope that there will be some miracle after all of this drought passes…the gambling issue is the result of his friends…he have some bad acquaintances during his time and it dragged up until his after-marriage life…and it is something that my mom need to bear until a certain period of time…plus his addiction to smoking is also something that could not been taken lightly since it has causes my family quite a debt (this is why I hate smokers)…
But I was happy when you (me) first come into the picture…then your sister…and then your youngest sister…it seems like the entire burden faded and life just got better afterwards….


Despite Of All The Bad Things, He Is A Good Person…!!!
“I always love him…until now…even though he is like that, but he never neglect his family…even though we are highly in debt, but we never felt hunger…not even a single time in our life….He is a good man…He is my husband…”  She quoted that he also suffers from depression…and his life is not what everyone sees…he struggling to provide for his family…day and night without complaining…even though the world is against him, but he still walk tall and work his butt off to ensure that all of us have enough food to eat…enough clothes to wear…and enough money to survive the day-to-day life…
Personally, my dad is my greatest enemy because he never change…he always say negative words to me despite all the effort….but on the other hand, he is my hero…because despite his health condition, and his limitations, he never give up…he always give me a chance to explore myself (even though in the end he will ratchet me with his negative encouragements)…and he is an ideal icon as a husband despite his smoking problems and gambling issues….He showed me what it’s like to be such a person and from there, he made me realize how important for a man to be a man of the family despite your condition…because whatever the things that you've done to yourself is yours’ to bear…but never put the baggage to those whom matters the most, because they worth more than that…

~I love you mom and dad…You’ll always be my inspiration…~





No comments:

Post a Comment